Berkey Water Filter System is a premium water filter system that has been used by thousands of people around the world. The system offers the cleanest, safest and tastiest water. This article will talk about how Berkey works, its features and benefits, about it being a good investment for your health and if it's worth buying one or not?
- How Does It Work?
- Berkey Water Filter System Features and Benefits
- Is It Worth Buying One?
If you're looking for some way to get cleaner water in your home or office, then consider purchasing the Berkey water filter system.
The Berkey® system is ideal for small to medium families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities and unexpected emergencies. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best. Perfect for outdoor activities and a must in hostile environments where electricity, water pressure or treated water may not be available.
- The Berkey® system is ideal for small to medium families – The most common size of the Berkey is the two-gallon model which fits on any countertop. Up to four people can drink directly from this unit and it will easily purify enough drinking water for a family of up to 8 people.
- The Berkey® system is ideal for travel – If you plan on traveling with your Berkey filter then choose one that will fit easily inside your luggage or backpack along with all other necessities like food & clothing etc..
- The Berkey® system is ideal for outdoor activities – You can take this camping or hiking through nature with no worries about having access to clean drinking water! It’s also great when boating or rafting because there’s no need to worry about having enough fresh bottled water stored onboard (which can get heavy).
It's important to keep your family healthy.
- Keeping your family healthy is an important part of life. The Berkey water filter system can help you do that.
- The Berkey water filter removes 99% of bacteria and 99.9% of all contaminants from the water it filters. It also leaves in the dissolved minerals that are good for you, so you don't have to worry about losing much-needed nutrients during filtration.
- The Berkey system is made up of two chambers connected by a spout: a top chamber where water is poured in, and a bottom chamber where filtered water comes out (see illustration). When you pour contaminated liquid into this top chamber and then close it by screwing on its lid tightly, the liquid sits there while certain contaminants are removed from it through natural processes inside those chambers' walls. After all those contaminants are gone and only clean, purified liquid remains inside those chambers; turning on their faucets will release this purified liquid into any receptacles underneath them—like pitchers or carafes—so you can drink it safely!
Removes more contaminants than any other purifier of its kind.
You can rest easy knowing that Berkey water purification systems feature world-famous Black Berkey Elements to completely remove or dramatically reduce:
- >99.999% of viruses
- >99.9999% of pathogenic bacteria
Berkey water purification systems also remove or reduce a range of other contaminants.
Incredibly easy maintenance The Black Berkey elements only need cleaning every 2,000 gallons or once a year, whichever comes first. Just wipe them down to renew their efficiency.
- The Black Berkey elements only need cleaning every 2,000 gallons or once a year, whichever comes first. Just wipe them down to renew their efficiency.
- The Black Berkey elements are made of a proprietary blend of activated carbon and ion exchange resins that are highly efficient at removing chemicals, pesticides and other contaminants found in your water supply. They do require periodic cleaning in order to maintain their high level of performance, but you'll be glad to know that this is an incredibly simple task. You won't even need any special tools or equipment: just take some soap and water and scrub the black ceramic surface until it's clean again! It should take no more than five minutes from start-to-finish (and if you have kids around who have been drinking straight from the unfiltered tap for too long—like me—it could actually take less than one minute).
Berkey® water purifiers are the world’s most powerful and cost effective personal water purification systems available, providing the ultimate in waterborne contaminants removal.
Berkey® water purifiers are the world’s most powerful and cost effective personal water purification systems available, providing the ultimate in waterborne contaminants removal. The Berkey® system has been used successfully for over 50 years by hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers worldwide. It is a simple but highly effective method for removing pathogenic microorganisms from drinking water.
Berkey® purifiers work on two main principles:
- They use multiple filtration tiers (the Big Berkey has three tiers, while the other models have two tiers) with different pore sizes to remove a wide range of contaminants from your drinking water
- They are designed so that harmful chemicals cannot pass through any part of their structure into your drinking water
All Berkey® purification systems remove cysts and parasites (>99.999%) to non-detectable levels, and reduce harmful or unwanted chemicals such as herbicides and pesticides to below detectable levels. Additionally, all Berkey® systems remove or dramatically reduce viruses (> 99.999%), trihalomethanes, inorganic minerals, heavy metals (including arsenic, lead, mercury, chromium), pharmaceutical drugs (including caffeine, Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen, Progesterone, Triclosan), perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs), detergents, insecticides and VOCs to non-detectable levels—all while leaving in the beneficial minerals your body needs.
You can trust that your Berkey Water Filter System will remove or dramatically reduce the following contaminants:
- Pathogenic bacteria (>99.9999%)
- Cysts and parasites (>99.999%)
- Viruses (>99.999%)
The following contaminants are eliminated or reduced to non-detectable levels by all of our systems:
- Inorganic minerals (heavy metals such as arsenic, lead, mercury, chromium; inorganic minerals; pharmaceutical drugs including caffeine, acetaminophen and ibuprofen)
- Pesticides (herbicides)
- Detergents/chemicals/VOCs (trihalomethanes; perfluorinated chemicals)
In conclusion, the Berkey Water Filter System is a fantastic product to own. It’s easy to use, durable and most importantly it can save your life if you ever find yourself in a situation where you need clean drinking water. No matter where you live or what kind of emergency situation arises, having one of these babies around will always come in handy!