Black Berkey Elements Set of 2 Water Filter Replacement FITS ALL BERKEY Models
- Filters 3000 gallons per unit
- 9.25 in. Height - 2.25 in. Diameter
- 2 Elements
2 Black Berkey Purification Elements
Filters 3000 gallons per unit
Included in the box
- 2 9" Black Berkey® Elements
- 2 washers,
- 2 wing nuts,
- 1 priming button
Does it remove heavy metals a well
sure, it does use microfiltration technology as well as adsorption to remove contaminants, and heavy metals
How long do Black Berkey elements last?
Replace your Black Berkey Filter every 2-5 years as a general rule of thumb.
Do I need to clean my Black Berkey elements?
Note that Berkey elements should be cleaned to ensure efficiency and sustainability. Removing the dirt particles that build up between the pores of the filter will increase the productivity of the filter and lengthen its expected lifespan.
How do I clean my Black Berkey elements?
You can follow these simple steps to clean you Berkey elements:
- Before starting, ensure that your Berkey water system is empty of water.
- To dissemble the filter: remove the top container and place it on a stable surface. If you have fluoride filters mounted, detach them as well. Unscrew the wing nut that attaches the Black Berkey element to the container in order to remove the black Berkey element.
- To wash the filter: make sure that the exit hole is pointed up, and hold the filter under a stream of running water. Carefully scrub the surface of the filter element for a few minutes using the hard side of a 3M Scotch-Brite pad. Rinse. Make sure not to use any soap or detergents on the filter elements! Allow the washed elements to dry.
- reprime the berkey elements
- To reassemble the filter: with clean hands, screw the wing nut back in to reattach the black Berkey element to the container. Mount the fluoride filters and replace the top container.
- Your cleaned Berkey water system is now ready for use!
How often do I need to clean my Black Berkey elements/chambers?
With repeated use, miniscule pollutants become trapped on the surface of the filter. This will cause filtration speed to slow. Clean your purification elements whenever you notice a decrease in flow. Depending on frequency of use, you would need to clean the filter elements approximately every 4-6 months and your chambers once a month.